Is your student or campus group interested in getting involved with Iran’s Students’ Day 2010? Read on for some ideas! Individuals can also easily participate via online-campaigns or by connecting with student groups near you.
- Organize a campus or local event to include rallies, panels, or discussions and incorporate some (or all!) of the below listed actions.
- Mail postcards highlighting Students’ Day and encourage your friends, networks, and organizations to do the same!
- Participate in e-letter campaigns addressed to various non-Iranian and Iranian officials echoing the demands of Iran’s students.
- Pass resolutions of support for Iran’s students in conjunction with your student union or associated body. Encourage letters of support signed by university officials. Find a sample resolution and more information about passing resolutions here.
- Make videos with your student groups to a) express solidarity and b) highlight their day’s actions with the aim of reaching and speaking to students inside Iran. If you host events, make sure to get plenty of footage and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coordinate media activities (e.g. press conferences) to help raise awareness.
If you or your group is interested in learning more or getting involved, send an e-mail to email@example.com.